Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Better Late Than Never



I have been out of action for awhile....WHY???.....U may ask....I have not been totally free - I have had the good fortune of my friends introducing me to some clients and I have been working as a part time Accountant and these are now coming to an end and so I chanced upon some websites and forums on online blogging and decided since I already have a Blog in place.....why not continue it.

I am now 59 years old....I should not have to work except perhaps to earn a little to pay some expenses and mind you these expenses are not so little anymore. Its becoming frightfully expensive to eat out yet one needs a break from the kitchen every now and then. I am fortunate to have only one grown up son, who is fairly independent and or so busy so much so I am left to amuse myself and which I do.

I copy-edit and proofread for a local publisher and that's fun. I get to read new books before they are even out on the shelves!! I saw one the other day 'Too Big To Fail' in Borders and I was so excited....hey everyone I proof read and copy-edited this book!!! My son had to calm me now before I could make a spectacle of myself...........but it felt so good!!

My garden give me great joy too !!! I am uploading it here. Hope you like it---if anyone reads this blog!!!! Arent my flowers gorgeous and they smell great too as they have the fragrance similar to jasmine. Enjoy is all I can say.

Happy Vaisakhi to any punjabi that reads this blog!!! My maid has come to chase me out of my room...............to be continued folks!!


4 comments:

  1. Mit,

    Nice to see you garden. It looks good! I love rangoon creepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! You must plant the flower called sekidang I think in malay. It has a small beautiful, white, fragrant bloom and smells like pandan. I have the rangoon creeper on one side and the sekidang on the other and especially at night or early morning my garden smells really nice. I shall take a picture and post it on your blog. Its a bit hot to that now... this is good. We keeping our blogs active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the sekidang in a big dragon jar .... still not very big but producing some flowers. Fantastic fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey glad you've got it. By the way its actually kesidang. Got the name confused!!!

    ReplyDelete